The Comets had some outstanding performances Thursday at the Richard S. Cooley Track, where they hosted the Lorain County Invitational for the first time in 35 years.
The Amherst girls are Lorain County champions for the second year in a row, with 155 points.
First place finishes for the girls included:
• Taylor Hooks in the 100 meters with a time of 12.67 seconds and in the 200 meters at 26.24 seconds.
• The 4×800 relay team of Marissa Gillam, Kalyn Potyrala, Cara Giannuzzi, and Kayla Snowden with a time of 9:58.65.
• The 4×100 relay team of Taylor Hooks, Audrey Fayer, Brook Armbruster, and Gracen Siegenthaler with a time of 50.61 seconds.
• The 4×200 relay team of Gracen Siegenthaler, Audrey Fayer, Brook Armbruster, and Lexi Alston with a time of 1:47.37.
• Lexi Alston in the 400-meter race with a time of 58.34 seconds.
• The 4×400 team of Gracen Siegenthaler, Marissa Gillam, Audrey Fayer, and Lexi Alston with a time of 4:12.46.
The Amherst boys track and field team took second place overall with 94 points.
First place finishes for the boys included:
• Logan Freeman in the pole vault with a height of 13 feet.
• Josh Hill in the 1,600 meters with a finishing time of 4:27.05.
• The 4×800 relay team of Ryan Sturgeon, Devin Baumgartner, Josh Hill, and Cameron Shawver with a time of 8:17.34.