SPECIAL REPORT: Spectacle outside the RNC
Silva returns, finds RNC protesters
Green pleads guilty to buying lotto tickets with taxpayer cash
Former Angelo’s comes crashing down at Church and Tenney
After Dallas, local police officers’ eyes are on Republican National Convention
- Last chance for Firelands construction vote - 1:39 pm
- PHOTOS: At RNC, signs of the times - 9:37 am
- SPECIAL REPORT: Spectacle outside the RNC - 10:43 am updated: 10:57 am.
- Three show off trade skills in Kentucky - 12:58 pm
- Duo are first from JVS at Educators Rising nationals - 12:42 pm
- Dangerous heat in the weekend forecast - 9:42 am
- POLICE REPORTS - 2:53 pm
- Chief: PokeParents need to be vigilant - 9:23 am
- ‘Concrete divide’ stirs emotions in Amherst council meeting - 9:05 am
- State to give $14M, new school decision will go to Amherst voters - 6:51 pm
- RNC: Ohio delegation overjoyed by ‘Down Under’ speech - 5:47 pm
- PHOTOS: ‘Legally Blonde’ is legally funny - 2:10 pm
- GUN SHOW: Good guy or a gunman? - 1:30 pm
- Silva returns, finds RNC protesters - 11:35 am
- Yeehaw! Cops, kids share fun at bike rodeo - 9:30 am
- Route to nowhere: Dedicated public bus tax nixed - 3:00 pm
- Hotels, motels swell with RNC visitors - 2:49 pm
- Green pleads guilty to buying lotto tickets with taxpayer cash - 2:45 pm
- Overdue Rt. 58 paving finally gets start date - 3:29 pm
- One wild Walkin’ on Wednesday - 1:28 pm
- Library throws super summer reading party - 1:21 pm
- Former Angelo’s comes crashing down at Church and Tenney - 2:00 pm
- Fairway to open mortgage office on Rt. 58 - 9:45 am
- Outpouring of police support after Dallas massacre - 6:26 am updated: 6:26 am.
- Spray crews working to stop mosquito breeding - 12:49 pm
- POLICE REPORTS - 9:45 am
- Emotional pleas but no concrete vote for north side residents - 8:05 pm
- Young bikers can ride with pride at police rodeo - 1:27 pm
- Firefighters set record pace amid busy summer - 11:34 am
- GOTTA CATCH ‘EM ALL! Pokemon fever hits - 10:03 am
- After Dallas, local police officers’ eyes are on Republican National Convention - 2:53 pm updated: 8:39 pm.
- ATLANTIC TO PACIFIC: Cyclists see America while raising cash for UMDF - 10:44 am
- Two guilty in child rape, nude photos case - 12:34 pm
- FARE DEAL: Transit group seeks 50-50 split of proposed sales tax - 11:06 am
- POLICE REPORTS - 2:34 pm
- Ball clubs don pink for one of their own - 2:00 pm updated: 2:08 pm.
- Local author continues work on Mihaljevic case - 10:04 am
- Drugs suspected in crash that killed two Lorain women - 8:54 am
- Mayor’s Cup to tee off auditorium drive - 3:08 pm
- On pace for hottest year on record - 11:22 am
- Local congressmen oppose Dem’s gun control proposals - 11:03 am
- Celebrating our nation’s independence - 2:39 pm
- Three area vets discuss what July 4 means to them - 3:08 pm
- POLICE REPORTS - 2:11 pm
- Preserve subdivision gets rezoning OK from council - 8:40 am
- Workshop produces ‘Star-Spangled’ Neil Simon show - 9:53 am
- LOST AND FOUND: Wallet, class ring returned after decades - 3:02 pm
- PHOTOS: Hot days, cool kids at rec center - 2:43 pm
- Super send-off for Special Olympians - 2:33 pm
- Have fun… but know your fireworks rules - 9:54 am
State to give $14M, new school decision will go to Amherst voters
A whopping $14.2 million hand-out from the state could let Amherst build a new elementary school — if voters agree to match it, and then some.Wi...
RNC: Ohio delegation overjoyed by ‘Down Under’ speech
The Ohio delegation to the Republican National Convention received a visit from “Down Under” during its kickoff breakfast Monday.Australia...
PHOTOS: ‘Legally Blonde’ is legally funny
Photos by Randy Meyers | Amherst News-TimesElle got into Harvard Law! (What, like it’s hard?) Sandstone Summer Theater brought “Legally Bl...
GUN SHOW: Good guy or a gunman?
Carrying a rifle or pistol down the street is a legal right in Ohio — but how do police know a person isn’t about to go on a shooting spre...
Silva returns, finds RNC protesters
Chanting protesters met Ken Silva on Sunday when he hit Euclid Avenue in Cleveland.“It was crazy. I get off the Chester Road exit off I-71 and i...
Yeehaw! Cops, kids share fun at bike rodeo
Photos by Jason Hawk | Amherst News-TimesWear a helmet. Use the proper hand signals. Keep an eye out for cars. Use the roadway safely — that was...
XC runners start conditioning at Mohican
Courtesy photoThe Comets boys cross country team is off and running to a great season. Conditioning began last Monday and the boys finished the week a...
Robotics program coming to SAMS
A robotics club will launch this fall at South Amherst Middle School.With sponsorship funding via the Nordson Corporation Foundation, students will be...
Stillman leaves Phoenix for the Falcons
After three years leading the Phoenix, Ty Stillman is trading his red and blue for red and black.The Firelands board of education voted Monday to offe...
• On June 3, the Amherst Automotive Specialty 10U Panthers stretched their record to 9-2 by beating South Amherst-Firelands 22-9 under the light...
SOFTBALL: 9th inning single leads to Comets semifinals heartache
For nine innings Friday, Amherst held the Teays Valley bats at bay.Then came the heartache.On the cusp of going to their first-ever state championship...
TRACK: Magic number 14 for Lady Comets at states
Photos by Joseph Colon | Amherst News-TimesComets track stars may not have fared as they wanted at the state meet, but the future is bright for Amhers...
Flowers for unmarked Crownhill graves
Death came too soon for the 27 who died suddenly on March 26, 1916, their lives cut short when titanic trains collided on Amherst railroad tracks.And ...
100-year-old newspaper page treasured by family
Here is an amazing piece of history: Linda Horvath took a very special relic to Tuesday’s 100th anniversary of the Great Train Wreck.The Amherst...
CEREMONY: Monument dedicated to victims of the Great Train Wreck of 1916
An old legend says whenever you hear a cardinal sing, it’s the spirit of a loved one come back to visit.Birdsong filled the air early Tuesday as...
100 YEARS: Great Train Wreck anniversary planned
A service to commemorate the souls lost 100 years ago in the Great Amherst Train Wreck of 1916 will be held March 29.As the date nears, a recently-sur...
Three advance to state management competition
Three Lorain County JVS students placed in the recent District 8 DECA competitions at the Tri-C East Campus in Cleveland.Marketing management students...
Festival brings memories of old theater days
Once again I am in awe of Paul Moser and the Oberlin Summer Theater Festival.For several years now we have been graced with quality productions perfor...
Pokemon may be the medicine we need
I am playing Pokemon Go and I am not ashamed.Why? Because this has been a mess of a year so far, especially if you’re attuned to the news worldw...
THEIR VIEW: No-vacation nation strains workers, economy
If your idea of a vacation is watching a live-stream of the sun setting along the beach from an iPhone app, stand in line.Or, actually, sit behind a d...
Convention needs to be more than pep rally for GOP
The hugs, handshakes, and energizing sound bites that have become the hallmarks of national political conventions won’t be enough.The Republican...
Millennials and the changing workplace
Battle lines are being drawn in the workplace over more than just the thermostat setting.It looks as though the generational shift in employee mindset...
On American ‘exceptionalism’
To the editor:Often I have traveled overseas and have had many introspective observations in regard to American “exceptionalism.”Especiall...
Flea market founder celebrates 100th birthday
If you’re a treasure-seeker, Jamie’s Flea Market in South Amherst is the X that marks the spot.It’s a trove of crafts, rare books, c...
Kmart going out of business in September
SuperK is in its twilight.Management at Sears Holdings has announced 68 Kmart and 10 Sears stores nationwide will close this summer, and the Lorain lo...
Final approval given for 2nd Taco Bell in Amherst
Taco Bell now has permission to build a second Amherst restaurant, provided it files some last remaining paperwork with city officials.The planning co...
Pat Catan’s bought by Michael’s for $150 million
Pat Catan’s Craft Center in Amherst has been bought as part of a $150 million deal.Texas-based craft retail giant Michael’s announced Tues...
Ribbon-cutting for Watson Wellness
Photos by Joseph Colon | Amherst News-TimesA ribbon-cutting ceremony was held Saturday for Watson Wellness, 162 Park Ave., Amherst. Chiropractor Jerem...